Resolutions for 2012 January 04, 2012 Tweet
It maybe cliché to make a list of resolutions (that one is likely not able to uphold) but I decided to make one anyway. This is my list in some particular order. Maybe you have some ideas to help me achieve my goals. Maybe you can help keep me accountable. Here’s to a productive 2012!
- Spend at least 25% of the time spent working my full-time job on professional development activities like reading and making. (Approx. 10 hrs a week)
- Spend less time watching TV than spent on professional development activities (< ~10 hrs a week) More TV watching allowed if professional development activities are increased to compensate.
- Experience something non-food related new with Stephanie at least 2 times a month. Next action: Sears Tower Skydeck?
- Try a new restaurant with Stephanie at least 1 time a month. Next action: enumerate and prioritize restaurants
- Become a better public speaker. Next action: Attend 1 Toastmaster’s Club a month.
- Become a better networker. Overcome the fear of the “conversation cold start”. Next action: unknown.
- Foster at least 1 startup based on Lean Startup principles. Hypothesizes, Customer Development, Metrics, Learning, etc. Next action: develop an idea or a team to work with.
- Develop a regular exercise regime. Next action: Start with Hulu exercise videos in the morning. Next next action: find a group or private training program. (Martial Arts if I have time, Gym, Personal Trainer)
- Cook at least 1 new thing a month. Next action: look at Pintrest pins and find viable next candidate recipe. Ongoing action: pin Pintrest recipes, save Cooks Illustrated recipes
- Blog at least once a month. Next action: start writing the first blog post while traveling the week of 1/9
- Try to put 20% of income into savings per pay period. Next action: setup online banking auto transfer